07 Nights 08 Days - Tibet Package Tour (Fly-In/Fly-Out)
Kathmandu / Lhasa (KTM is 1200m above sea level. Lhasa is 3650m. So it needs some time to acclimatize the altitude.)
Sera monastery; Jokhang temple & Barkhor Street (Sera is the second biggest Gelupa Monastery in the north suburb of Lhasa, which was built in 1419 by Tsongapa¡¯s disciple¡ªSakya-yeshi. Situated at the heart of the oldest section of the Lhasa city,Jokhang, one of the oldest temples in Tibet, was built in the 7th century by the 33rd king¡ªSontsanganbu. Barkor is the middle pilgrimage circuit around Jokhang temple.)
Potala palace; Drepung monastery & Norbulingka (Potala was the winter palace of the Dalailama, which was originally built in the 7th century by the king Sotsen Gampo and rebuilt to the present size by the 5th Dalailama in the 17th century. Built in 1416 by Tsongapa¡¯s disciple¡ªJamyang-choje, Drepung Monastery is the biggest Gelupa monastery in the west suburb of Lhasa. Built in the mid-18th century by the 7th Dalailama, Norbulingka, the Jewel Park was the Dalailama¡¯s summer palace, it covers 100 acres with palaces, pavilions and a zoo.
Drive Lhasa to Gyantse.
Gyantse hotel (Gyantse lies 260kms southwest of Lhasa on the Northern bank of Nyang Chu River. It takes around 8 hours to reach Gyantse crossing the Kamba La Pass (4800m) where the beautiful Yamdrok Tso will be seen and the Karo La Pass (5010m) where the year-around glacier will be seen. Gyantse has been known as a heroic town since Tibetans resisted the Young husband¡¯s British Expedition to Tibet in 1904. Phalkor monastery was built in the 15th century by the local chieftain Ramtan Kasom under the guidance of the first Panchan lama.)
Drive to Shigatse. Shigatse hotel (Shigatse is the second biggest city in Tibet, 90KMs away from Gyangtse. The famous Tashillunpo monastery in Shigatse, seat of the Panchan Lama, one of the six important Gelupa monasteries in China, was built in 1447 by the first Dalailama.)
Drive back to Lhasa. (It is 280kms from Shigatse to Lhasa by the new road along the Yalutsangbu River.)
Excusion to Ganden monastery (70kms away from Lhasa, Ganden monastery was built in 1409 by the founder of Gelupa¡ªTsongapa.)
Lhasa / Kathmandu.
- Airports picks up and drop by private Car/Van.
- All the necessary documents and Tibet entry Visa.
- The entire entrance fee while you visit monuments in Tibet and Nepal.
- All the accommodation in Tibet with Bed and Breakfast.
- Ground transportation by 4WD Land curser.
- Tibetan English speaking guide during Tibet tour.
Price not Included
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.Your travel insurance.
- Your personal equipments.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu and tour in Tibet.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for the guide and driver.
- Anything not mentioned above