Kailash Manasarovar Tour - 11 Days Deluxe
Mt. Kailash, 6,740 m. is situated to the north of the Himalayan barrier, wholly within Tibet. It is the perfect mountain with awesome beauty, with 4 great faces. It is the spiritual centre for four great religions: Tibetan Buddhism, Hinduism, the Jain religion and the pre-Buddhist animistic religion - Bonpo. To Tibetans it is known as Khang Rimpoche (Precious Jewel of Snow) and they see it as the navel of the world. It is said that a stream from the mountain pours into a nearby lake and from here rivers flow in the four cardinal directions. The River of the Lion Mouth to the North, the River of the Horse Mouth to the east, the River of the Peacock Mouth to the south and the River of the Elephant Mouth to the West. Strangely enough, four major rivers do indeed originate near Kailash, the Indus, the Yarlung Tsangpo (Brahmaputra), the Karnali and the Sutlej. Tibetans believe that it is the residence of Demchog, a fierce looking tantric deity who lives there with his consort, Dorje Phagmo. For the Tibetans also, it is a particularly special place in that their poet saint Milarepa, spent several years here meditating in a cave.
For the Hindus Mount Kailash is the earthly manifestation of Mt. Meru, their spritual centre of the universe, described as a fantastic 'world pillar' 84,000 miles high, around which all else revolves, its roots in the lowest hell and its summit kissing the heavens. On the top lives their most revered God, Shiva, and his consort Parvati. For the Jains, an Indian religious group, Kailash is the site where their first prophet achieved enlightenment. For the older, more ancient religion of Bon, it is the site where its founder Shanrab is said to have descended from heaven. It was formerly the spiritual centre of Zhang Zung, the ancient Bon Empire that once included all of western Tibet. Bon people walk around the mountain in a counter clockwise manner, unlike the other religions. Over the centuries pilgrims have constantly journeyed immense distances to achieve enlightenment or cleanse themselves of sin, braving enormous distances, particularly harsh weather and bandit attacks.
- Day to Day Itinerary
- Services Info
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu (1300 m)?Welcome at the Tribhuvan International Airport. Our representative will greet you and?escort you to the hotel for check-in and stay overnight. Meals included: Dinner?
Day 02: After breakfast sightseeing of temples Visit Pashupati nath and Bhudanilkantha and back to hotel for lunch and after lunch free time for shopping and briefing about Kailash Yatra.
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunj Early morning after breakfast we will fly to Nepalgunj and overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 04: Fly Nepalgunj to Simikot by regular flight and,After breakfast we fly to Hilsa (alt 3500m) by helicopter, then trek about half an hour to Tibetan border Shera and drive to Purang (Taklakot) and stay at hotel.
Day 05: Full day free to acclimatize and relax at Taklakot
Day 06: Drive to Lake Mansarovar After breakfast drive to Lake Manasarovar, through Rakchyas taal on the way and Parikarma of Mansarovar on the same day (Alt, 4520m).- 4 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 07: Drive to Darchen We will perform puja and take bath early morning and after breakfast we will drive to first base camp i.e. Darchen and stay overnight at camp
Day 08: Kailash Parikrama Drive to the Kailash up to Parikarma point and start trek to Derapuk, (Alt 4909 m)- 18Km 4/5 hrs walk and stay overnight at camp.
Day 09: Trek to Zutul Puk Trek to Hardest but Holiest day of your pilgrimage Yatra crossing Dolma-La (pass) of 5650m between two valleys: Yamasthal should be crossed to reach the Shiva-sthal while your steps go closer to the pass. Once you reach the top, just we do the holiest offering. Once your steps down, Gauri Kunda is on the way. By the late afternoon we will be arriving Zutul Puk (the cave of Miracles. The great ascetic Milerappa is supposed to have performed miracles here).
Day 10: End of Parikrama: Parikarma ends near Darchen, (alt 4700m) 4/5 hrs and drive to Taklakot (3500m). Stay?overnight at guest house.
Day 11: Fly back to Simikot from Hilsa by Helicopter and fly back to Nepalgunj by regular plane: After breakfast we will drive to Shera border and proceed to Hilsa completing immigration check out and from Hilsa we will fly to Simikot then Nepalgunj same day fly To Kathmandu stay overnight at hotel
Day 12: Drive to next destination. (Tour ends) you have option of making tour in Nepal like Manakamana, Pokhara, Muktinath which will be on your require.
- One night accommodation in Nepalgunj on full board basis (twin sharing)
- Pick up as per itinerary request by private transfer
- Hotel Sneha to Airport transfer in Nepalgunj
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj & back to Nepalgunj flight by schedule (regular)flight, Simikot to Hilsa & back to Simikot by Helicopter
- Domestic airport taxes.
- Tibet group visa and travel/trekking permits
- Guesthouse accommodation in Tibet
- All meals in Tibet (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Transportation in Tibet in 4WD Land Cruiser (4 passengers in one Land Cruiser)
- English speaking Tibetan guide.
- Necessary supporting crew (Cook, Sherpas, tour Manager from Nepal)
- All necessary camping equipments for Parikrama
- Yaks & Yak men during the Parikrama (circumambulation) around Mt. Kailash
- Gamow bag (pressure bag) and oxygen for emergency use
- Medical kit bag
- Humla region restricted area permit & royalties
- Porter cost in Hilsa (while going and coming back)
- All applicable taxes & service charges.
- Riding Horse or Yak during the Parikrama
- A visit to Khojarnath temple
- Your travel insurance
- Rescue and evacuation service
- Personal expenses
- Bottled drinks
- Tip for guide & driver
- Any additional cost due to natural calamities and unforeseen circumstances.
( Note: every passenger on this journey is advised to keep some spare days in the Yatra.)
SPECIAL NOTES :
- We strongly advise to allot 1-2 extra days to overcome any delays
- Due to the nature of travel, there is always the possibility of change in the schedule. The Tour Operator or its partners shall not be liable for any such delays
- Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt.Ltd. has the right to change the Itinerary in the event of adverse weather condition or any unforeseen reason
- The Group will be required to follow the itinerary strictly. The entire Group will enter & exit together as per schedule.
What we provide to our clients:
- Sleeping bag, down Jacket, Gamow bag and Oxygen.
- We don't charge extra for the parikrama. If you wish to take help of a yak or horse, the cost will be approx US$ 100 for Yak and USD 200 for horse payable directly to the yak herder. All Indian pilgrims are advised to hire one. You have to understand that the yaks are not domesticated but are meant to carry luggage.
Tour Cost :
- INR 145,000.00 per person for Indian,
- US$ 3650.00 per pax for foreigner and NRI,
- Single supplement US$ 350.00 and INR 12500.00 per pax,
Special Offer for
Luknow to Luknow 09 Days package - INR 136,000.00 per person