Tamur River (10 Days
Tamur River Probably the best combination trip in Nepal-magnificent white water, a beautiful unspoiled valley, combined with one of the most scenic treks in Nepal. The Tamur and its tributaries drain the snows of Kanchenjunga third highest peak in the world. The river is the sixth largest river in Nepal and seems to have a feeling of thrusting power and of being constrained by its valley sides. The first commercial run of the Tamur was in 1990 and there have been very few descents since then. It is an outstandingly beautiful river with superb views of the Himalayan range including Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga and Mt. Makalu. The river trip includes around 120 km descent through more than 100 of the most exciting rapids still to be named has to offer grade 3 to 4, with some graded -5, making one of the best white water expedition trips in the world.
The trip starts with an internal flight or drive from Kathmandu to Biratnagar in the far South-East of Nepal. We take a private bus drive to Basantapur in the Tehrathum Region, where we camp overnight. The following day, we begin an awe-inspiringly beautiful 5-day trek to Dobhan through the remote Taplejung region of Eastern Nepal. From Dobhan we begin the exhilarating trip, which includes a day relaxing on a remote river beach or an optional one-day trek visiting local villages. The Tamur is best tackled between October and November, and February and May. Finally, there's an overnight drive by private bus or an optional internal fly back to Kathmandu
- Day to Day Itinerary
- Services Info
Day 01: Drive Basantapur via Dharan.
Day 02: Arrive Basantapur and prepare for trekking and camp.
Day 03: Trek to Mangalbare about 5 hours and camp.
Day 04: Trek to Guphapokhari about 5 hours and camp.
Day 05: Trek to Gorja about 5 hours and camp.
Day 06: Trek to Dobhan about 3 hours and camp.
Day 07: Rafting starts at Tamor river. Run class 4/5 rapids and camp at Kabelidobhan.
Day 08: Rafting whitewater section and camp nearby Koya River bank.
Day 09: Raft down calm section and camp at Dumre.
Day 10: Rafting the continuos whitewater rapids of Tamor river and camp near Tribenighat
Day 11: Rafting about 3 hours and finish at Chatara. Drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 12: Arrive Kathmandu.
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
- Company T-Shirt
Cost not Included
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Member insurance
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Airfare (Kathmandu-Biratnagar-Kathmandu
- Tips to Staffs
- Sleeping bag (NRS.50 per night)
Please bring: -
- swim wear for on the river
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Reading book
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River)