Bhote Koshi River (2 Days Trip)
The Bhote Kosi is known as the River from Tibet and you can start a trip after a peak over the border into Tibet. The Kathmandu / Lhasa Highway (AKA Friendship Highway, Arniko Highway) runs along beside the river. You can run a day trip or do a two-day expedition and run parts of the river twice. It's a great beginner river for rafters and fun for kayakers at all levels. Bhote Koshi is the beautiful for adventure trip with very steep and basically non-stop mountain river only 3 hours drives from Kathmandu offering tow days of intense and challenging river activity. You are beginning to understand what this great trip in Nepal offers you nothing less than the ride of a lifetime. If you have never rafted before and if you have limited time but desire an adrenaline overload, then this is a perfect introductory trip package for you because of the Bhote Kosi is probably the most exciting short rafting trip in Nepal and best white water adventure in the world has been variously described as: "Like a pin-ball Machine-and you' re the ball" "Like being flushed down on open air toilet" "Expedition River" etc. With the adventure of Bhote Koshi you also get the chance to observe emerald green fields are terraced high above the river on precipitous slopes, curious villagers lining suspension bridges are amazed as we plunge through cascading waves and chutes of foam. Visiting an ancient culture, trek in the awe inspiring Himalayas and get a tan - yep the weather is sunny! We love the excitement of this trip and it really is the best available in whitewater fun. The rapids here are a solid class IV- V at high flow, and a more classic III at lower levels. This true adventure can be rafted between October and December and February and April.
- Day to Day Itinerary
- Services Info
Day 01: Drive 3 / 4 hours to the rafting starting point Khadichour (Lower Section). After lunch start Rafting continuous whitewater rapids to Sukete Village and make camp at river beach.
Day 02: After breakfast we will back to the Baseri (Upper Section) hit class 4 rapids and stop at Lamoshanghu Dam. We have lunch over there and back to Kathmandu by private transportation.
- Private Transportation.
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip.
- River Permit.
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the.
- winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment.
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc).
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Safety Kayak.
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation.
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership.
- First aid kid box.
- Company T-Shirt .
Cost not Included
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip.
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip.
- Emergency evacuation.
- Things of personal use.
- Member insurance.
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange).
- Tips to Staffs.
- Sleeping bag (NRS.50 per night).
Please bring: -
- swim wear for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best).
- Personal medication.
- Reading book.
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River).